As a parent, you do everything you can to ensure your child’s health and well-being. In some families, that means making difficult decisions regarding things like whether your son or [Read More...]
SEAS: Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis Level 1 Course
With Michele Romano and Alessandra Negrini- the Italian National Rehabilitation Directors of ISICO (Italian Scientific Spinal Institute) – Milan
Practical training for treating patients with scoliosis.
Location: DENVER PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHAB 1780 S Bellaire St, Denver, CO 80222 Phone: 303-757-7280 Fax: 303-757-7676
Dates: March 5th-7th – 2021
- Understand background of SEAS (Scientific Exercise Approach to Scoliosis) approach and the underlying scientific principles.
- How to perform the clinical and postural evaluation of the scoliosis patient.
- Understand what is three-dimensional self-correction, and the step-by-step approach to teach individualized self-correction to the patient.
- Learn how self-correction is performed for different types of deformities: thoracic, thoracolumbar, lumbar, double curve, hyperkyphosis; correlation with the radiographic and postural evaluation, as well as on observed asymmetries.
- Learn how to manage the cognitive-behavioral approach to patient and family
- Understand the role of exercises within the SEAS approach, and the criteria used to choose them for an individualized treatment plan.
- Goals of exercises in the different treatment phases: no brace, brace, adult