How to Stop Low Back Pain in Its Tracks
If you suffer from low back pain, you are not alone. Whether it’s a constant ache or a sudden injury, pain in the lower back is one of the leading causes of missed work and a top reason for visits to doctors. The potential causes of this type of pain are numerous, and there are several treatment options.
The next time you feel a backache coming on, try these tips:
Ways to Prevent Back Pain
- Lie flat on your back with a pillow under your knees. Slowly breathe in your through nose and breathe out through your mouth.
- Get yourself into a sitting position, and pull your belly button in toward your spine. Do this while inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth.
- Work on improving your posture. Try to sit or stand taller. Pull your shoulders back, and don’t slump.
- Get plenty of exercise. Inactivity is a leading cause of back pain.
What You Shouldn’t Do
When it comes to preventing and stopping back pain, there are several things you shouldn’t do.
- Don’t spend more than 20 minutes sitting at a time. Stand up and gently stretch and twist for at least 60 seconds before sitting back down.
- Don’t stretch aggressively. Gentle stretching is a good way to keep your back in good condition, but if it hurts, you are doing too Painful stretching is not as beneficial.
- Reduce your stress. Research has proven that stress causes excess tension in the muscles in the back. When you are feeling stressed, try to breathe and relax.
Back Pain Treatment in Denver
If you are suffering from back pain, we can help. We offer back pain treatment in Denver, and we are here to help you live a healthier life free from pain. To schedule a consultation, please contact us today by calling 303-757-7272.