10 Benefits of Massage Therapy That Might Surprise You
Often thought of as a luxury service, massage therapy is so much more! Massage therapy is a powerful tool that can help ease pain and allow you to take control of your health and your well-being. More and more healthcare professionals and even insurance companies have come to recognize the many benefits of massage therapy. From reducing pain and helping injuries heal to improving your mental health and many others, the benefits of massage may surprise you!
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a generic term that refers to the rubbing and manipulation of skin, muscles, ligaments and tendons. It aids in boosting circulation and removing toxins from the blood. Techniques range from gentle stroking to deep pressure and can be employed to treat a number of ailments.
Here are just a few of the many massage therapy benefits:
- Massage therapy provides natural stress relief.
- Regular massages improve range of motion and alleviate lower back pain.
- Massages can provide expectant mothers with shorter, easier labor.
- Massage therapy helps reduce the constant pain caused by fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions.
- Endorphins that act as natural painkillers are released during a medical massage, easing dependence on medication.
- Getting a massage eases stress-related insomnia, resulting in more restful and restorative sleep.
- Massage therapy helps athletes recover faster and perform at the peak ability.
- The symptoms of depression and anxiety are eased by massage therapy.
- Massage stimulates the body’s defense system, improving immunity.
- Medical massage can reduce post-surgery pain and swelling.
Medical massage therapy has also been proven to improve concentration, increase energy levels and decrease the achiness and stiffness associated with arthritis. It eases pain while improving your overall health, and it provides remarkable results for patients suffering from a number of ailments.
Are you ready to experience the benefits of massage therapy in Denver? Contact Denver Physical Medicine & Rehab today by calling 303-757-7280.