5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Physical Therapist
You or your doctor has decided you need to see a physical therapist. Now what? While your doctor may have recommended a particular therapist, you are free to choose whomever you would like. There are several PTs in the Denver area, and trying to find the one who will best suit your needs is often overwhelming. As the director of your own healthcare, it’s important to choose someone who will help you achieve your desired results. If you are searching for a physical therapist, consider these five things.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Physical Therapist
- Credentials: Would you go to a regular doctor without checking his or her credentials? Probably not, so why choose a physical therapist without doing so? Not all PTs are created equal and while we all must complete certain core courses, some therapists undergo additional training to treat specific conditions. Look for continuing education and post-graduate experience.
- Customization: While many people suffer from the same ailments, each patient is unique. Look for a therapist who is willing to create a customized plan based on your specific needs rather than one who only offers a one-size-fits-all plan.
- Convenience: Research indicates that patients are more likely to stick to a physical therapy plan when the clinic is conveniently located. Set yourself up for success by choosing a clinic that is close to where you live or work.
- Recommendations: Look for testimonials from past and current patients. Talk to your friends and neighbors to discover their recommendations.
- Personality: While all the criteria listed above is important, finding a therapist whose personality clicks with your own is huge. If you don’t get along with your PT, you are less likely to get the most of out your therapy. Finding a therapist whose personality fits with yours helps ensure successful treatment.
Physical Therapist in Denver
If you are looking for a physical therapist in Denver, contact Denver Physical Medicine. We are conveniently located near I-25 and South Colorado Boulevard, and we’re proud to have helped countless patients get back to living pain-free lives. Call 303-757-7280 to schedule a consultation.